January random photos

Below, a booth at the 2009 PREMIUM INCENTIVE EXPO:

Below: a festival in Asagaya:

Below: picture this guy singing, THE SUN WILL COME OUT, TOMORROWWWW….

Who needs a shower, when you can bathe IN FUZZY SUNBEAMS?

below: shredder. Note how there is a reverse button. What does that do? Un-shred?

Talk about your least-profitable-applications-for-dude-who-discovered-how-to-reverse-entropy.

Also, a close-up yields even more evidence of the genius behind the MS handy-shredder (check the icons)

Don’t put your baby in here. I wonder what genius was responsible for the incident that led to THAT warning?

Below, possibly the most Japanese thing ever:

A vending machine that sells gauze-masks.

And look at how many different styles!

Below: the ANTI-BLACK POWER poster, as I like to think of it.

This was at a HOSPITAL.

Below, Kabukicho at its finest:

Below: Tokyo’s most stingy bar – at Shimo-kitazawa.

Below:  the beard style my  "pirates of the carribean"-loving friend calls "the Kraken."

Below: my tour was a failure.

Finally, the setlist of psyche-punk-noise band ABRAHAM CROSS:

I love this because the song titles THEMSELVES read like a kind of haiku:

bad end cat fuck, I need!!

Don’t we all need, Abraham Cross, don’t we all?

1. Tzench January 27th, 2010 4:43 am

What are the other warnings? No hands and no hair are OK, but then comes no thieves and no fish, or is it no airplanes?

2. Alex January 27th, 2010 8:38 am

Pretty sure they’re supposed to be necklaces and then neckties. Not sure about the former though, the image is pretty hard to discern.

3. Dan January 27th, 2010 6:37 pm

Those masks…

Its honestly getting ridiculous these days, just walking down the street in any district of Tokyo during any season of the year and seeing approximately 80% of the people wearing the damn things..

4. Jeroen January 28th, 2010 11:40 am

This site is brilliant! It’s just perfect!
    It has all the ingredients I like to keep on coming back.

It has the draw AND quality (I hope you take this as a compliment haha) of Anthony Bourdain’s “Kitchen Confidential” (Japan chapters)to me. Very engaging to keep reading even though I”m not into punk music I read every entry!

5. Candice January 28th, 2010 8:14 pm

Ms Know it All says, “You need a reverse button on your shredder for when it jams.”
    Or of course for when you get your necktie or baby stuck in it and need to get them out.
    PS: Did you know that Brad Pitt of all people is trying to steal your funky fresh beard style?

6. Ben January 28th, 2010 8:30 pm

Excellent blog mate! Blogrolling you RIGHT NOW. This is quality stuff. Keep it up!! And death to posers and false punks! (including those who think everything post-1984 is shit)

7. Jo January 28th, 2010 10:05 pm

cool
    was the Abraham Cross set list from the recent show at “FEVER” with the Wankys ?

8. Pierre-Juan January 29th, 2010 7:57 am

Hola Steven,it’s always a decent pleasure to read your posts.

Do you know that one?

Magma and One Shot should play the next Fuji Rock, and I’m trying to make my friends’ band Tapetto Traci with Zu for the next tour in September (still has to be confirmed though).
    Let’s catch up again soon !

Pierre-Juan.

9. admin February 2nd, 2010 9:54 pm

@ben, Jeroen: thanks! I appreciate it.

10. admin February 2nd, 2010 9:55 pm

@Jo: yes. ping-pong! I didn’t get any photos of that show, but it was a fun time. I like how the backstage area seems to be larger than the hall itself.

11. admin February 2nd, 2010 9:58 pm

@pierre-juan: sorry, I don’t understand that Youtube. Putting a hip-hop beat to a folk song? Is there more to the gag? I couldn’t understand the lyrics. I hope that magma and one shot can play fuji rock and everywhere else, too!