d.s.b. final show 3/28/2010 @ antiknock part 2

D.S.B.

I had been drinking during the previous 10 bands, so I don't remember their final show. That sucks, but I manged not to get killed by the sheer fury of their rocking, so I can't really complain.

What I DO remember is how many people from all over the world showed up: Kids from Mexico, USA, Finland, Taiwan, Malaysia, Brazil, and Austria. Most of these "old school, scary uncle" japanese bands only cared about credibility within their incestuous little scene. Like "This is our gang and if you're not a member you shouldn't know about it." But DSB always toured all over and tried to spread the gospel of japanese punk while at the same time keeping total scary-uncle credibility intact here in Tokyo.  I'll miss them.

6 comments Tags:

1. seaneccos May 28th, 2010 5:20 pm

shit is that the ex-kemuri/current redemption 97 bassist playing for DSB??

2. William May 28th, 2010 10:05 pm

I think I've got to go to one of these shows. I go to a few goth events around Tokyo, but there's not much crowd reaction. Not like the punk crowd. :)

3. thond May 31st, 2010 9:55 am

@seaneccos he does look like tsuda, doesn’t he? so many cross connections…

4. chris June 2nd, 2010 5:31 pm

Where can I get a a pair of those those blue trousers?
    This is important. I've got job interviews and shit on the horizon.

5. jonathan January 12th, 2011 8:27 pm

Hey, I was just checking up with your site again before my annual pilgrimage to Tokyo and realized I was at this show too. I have some pics from the back here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/comatoseslideshow/sets/72157623609686259/

6. Connor March 8th, 2011 1:58 pm

Hey, my band is playing at Zone-B on April 24th
    We're like Tom And Boot Boys….but from England
    It would be cool if you could come along to the show